Saturday 10 November 2007

Ballet

Now I'm not going to go on and on about this, even though it is going to completely dominate my life for the next few days. I shall just have to turn up and try to smile. Inside I will be a seething mass of resentment at having to sit next to Mrs Pushy Ballet Mum who is fretting all the time about Lucinda's shoes, hair, demi-plies (whatever they are), and whether her socks should be pulled up or starched. And if Squirrel does not get her timing right on Hand and Arm Extension I will break her fingers.

3 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

hmm SB at little village ballet classes. hoping we dn't have s much angst when ballet exams start?

Grit said...

well, part of my angst comes about through the air of panic that some of the ballet mums manage to impart into me. it's a sort of mass hysteria; i'm free of it while i'm away from them, but then when i have to mix with them again, the chat chat chat of exam exam exam starts to burrow itself in my brain. the best cure is to spend limited time with ballet mums for whom the exam is all.

HelenHaricot said...

i think we will prob be oK. my main prob will be that SB wants to be a ballerina when she grows up, and exams might cast some realism into the equation prematurely. i'd be happier with a no exam class. but village walking distance wins!!