Monday 12 November 2007

Did I say finished?

The news of Grit's lack of exam fever has evidently got round. Twig comes over to me at picking up time at today's rehearsal and reminds me with a serious expression that everyone likes the children to have a sense of occasion about the exam so that it makes a point of the rehearsals and the lessons.

I'd like to say well-considered, thoughtful things about how I think the process is as important as the end product and the fact that it won't matter to me whether Squirrel performs well or not in the exam, so long as she's enjoyed doing what she's done. But I don't. I don't get much chance. Twig glances at Squirrel and whispers it doesn't matter if there's a fail really, so long as Squirrel's enjoyed doing what she's done. I don't know whether to say thank you or not.

No comments: