Wednesday 28 November 2007

Pause for reflection

I have had enough of looking for the driving licence. Actually I have found one torn bit of it. So I will go sheepish to the cop shop on Thursday to present my documents following the car accident (which was most certainly not my fault even with the naughty tyres) and I will present:

one MOT test certificate (in tact)
one insurance certificate (in date)
one bit of driving licence (torn piece, size of right thumb).

When I go to prison at least I will have the fond memories of a super-doopah meal last night with the lovely Ellie and Mister W.

Shark, Squirrel and Tiger were superbly behaved and never interrupted once, having been bribed with Beauty and the Beast on a video in their room and a bucket of fruit. The food was passable, considering the circumstances and the severe interruption to the menu planning to look for the driving licence.

It is all just as well, because now the oven has broken down.

3 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

glad meal went well. i haven't got a driving licence - i sent it to dvla 2005. they kept it as no picture. i sent passport and application - they 'lost them' so have been on experian since to make sure no extra me's appearing. and just haven't been bothered since. maybe should be my new years resolution.
PS we had to buy some violin strings as they are just not findable in this house without geophys and timeteam

Grit said...

omg i thought this type of thing only happened to me. i feel a bit better for reading that (with humble apologies!)

HelenHaricot said...

i live to make you reassured that others have chaotic and incomprehensible filing systems for important things - ie somewhere in a box, bag or floor!!