Sunday 16 March 2008

Anticipation

Following Grit's outpouring of nervous exhaustion yesterday, she can only report today that we have once again brought home the little red two-seater car. Big Bro in Suffolk had taken possession of it, to maintain and weld, and do things to it that we never can, because our days are short, encumbered, and we are inept at car maintenance.

I don't know why we keep that car.

I do, of course. The little red car, the one me and the manly Dig used to make our appointment at the registry office, is a frail reminder of our life, pre-children. We hang to it, insurance for when the kids all turn up one day and announce 'I'm moving in with Toby/Annie/Clarabell...'

Then we can do what the hell we like.



Suzuki Cappuccino with removable lid. Seats couple.

12 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I hope, on that day, you're not crying too much to drive the thing!

Angela DeRossett said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

Brad said...

do I have to grovel for a little red car pic ?

Moohaa said...

These last few posts were so enjoyable. You write very well, I could feel the tension in the store buying swim suits. Yikes. I'm feeling better about my boys who will wear whatever I throw at them. I have, however, had to "lose" (aka throw out) a couple of things as my youngest gets somehow emotionally attached to certain pieces of clothing.
Take care!

Maggie May said...

Grit! Just come across you! Triplets! How do you cope? I like your blog. Must come back!

dragon boy said...

how wonderful that you keep it. and i'm with brad, and i may just do what my wonderful 4 year old does.........please can we have a photo of your car. please can we have a photo of your car. please can we have a photo of your car. please can we have a photo of your car. please can we have a photo of your car......and it goes on...and on...and on!!!

dragon boy said...

sexy car

dragon boy said...

ooops, pressed send too quick,

meant to read,

sexy car. thanks for the pick, worth the wait.

Expat mum said...

Thanks for popping in to my blog. Triplets eh? God bless you!

Brad said...

You and Dig owe it to yourselves to get a sitter for the trips and go for a spin in her at least once a month. I can see why you keep that sexy little car.

Moohaa said...

That is a seriously cute car! No wonder you keep it!

Grit said...

hi motl! you are right. and if they are taking the car, I shall lie down in the road.

hope that the pic suffices. it is in the gravel patch at the bottom of the garden. hopefully, this time, it doesn't stay there for 6 years.