Saturday 10 October 2009

Life is this French stick

A day of astonishing achievement here at The Pile.

I drive to the local town market because I am very chi chi and I buy stylish artisan products. Anyway, I have had a big fight with everyone at home, and Dig is packing for South America, so I may as well go out.

To console myself, and prove I am morally right to insist the children label a map of Brazil, I buy this.




What is it? you whimper. But it is a lovely crisp French baguette, of course! Freshly baked today! I think from a variety of angles you can appreciate the full local-made artisan beauty of it. I feel, in a metaphor of life, it may represent futility and purpose.

Now you know what I am up against, living in Smalltown, facing another week of home education while Dig is elsewhere wearing his lumberjack shirt. It is an uphill struggle.

I bet you feel better about your life now.

8 comments:

emma said...

lordy, grit. where did you go for that joke of a french stick? Wolverton???

Sam said...

I do feel much better now, ta! ;-)

mamacrow said...

yup. feel much better now about feeling like a beached whale and having a meltdown in B&Q because in all the reams of magnolia type shades on the shelves they DIDN'T HAVE ONE THAT LOOKED LIKE THE INSIDE OF NIGEL MARVEN'S TREE HOUSE OFFICE FOR GODAM'S SAKE.

Potty Mummy said...

I feel like there's a subliminal message there, somehow...

Anonymous said...

Was it that soft when you bought it? Or did you do something to it?

Maire said...

Do you have to turn your head sideways to read it, is it in code? I could think of some things i would like it to say.

R. Molder said...

VOL? What is the french bread saying????

Grit said...

i am so impessed with what you can all read into my french stick. it should be a standard psychology test, no?