Tuesday 27 December 2011

Party time


At which event la famille Grit is fed, more generously and handsomely than has happened to me in years, with the sort of delicacies I haven't tasted in what feels like eternity.

Gracious living and fine dining rubs off on me, clearly. The sparkling wine is an excellent aperitif. From which point I linger over the mushroom pie, begin to lick my fingers with the blue cheese, make a pig of myself with the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, knock back another glass of the pink fizz, then experiment to see if wine glasses bounce on wooden floors.

Sadly, I must return to my normal life all too soon.

Inexplicably, that means carrying home a handbag stuffed with fried noodles and a pair of chopsticks.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Too bad because that sounded really good.