Tuesday 5 March 2013

So that's what it's like

Kids have a date with a raspberry pie today.

I am told it's not a pie, it's not made of raspberries, and you can't eat it.

I ask how the day went, apart from the fact that no-one ate pie, and I was told it was alright and they learnt stuff, but don't ask what, unless you want a blank stare and a curled lip.

Nevertheless, I approve, totally, of the big grits acquiring an education about programming a pie, even though I am not the slightest bit interested in programming, would have no emotional involvement for the loveliness of 010101010001, and if I was in the class, I would spoil everything by demanding more pie with my raspberries and in the end, get sent out.

Thank goodness I was excluded from the workshop in the first place.

Come to think of it, today's experience puts me in the same category as most school-choosing parents. Ignorant of the day, vaguely supportive, mostly indifferent. When it's all over, not much wiser.

But like most school-choosing parents, it did give me time off.

(I spent it with my inevitable.)




2 comments:

Irene said...

Yes, the gritlets are not little, dependent people anymore. They can get their own education without you there. Isn't that a nice fringe benefit you had not counted on? Now you will become as ignorant as we all were, but at least you have a sensible hobby/business and will not fall into a deep, dark hole of uselessness.

Grit said...

oh i bet i can do that falling into uselessness thing irene, never fear! but you are right - these days i am quite an independent gal compared to the previous years!